New Employees at SPC
We are pleased to welcome you as part of our family of faculty and staff!
You have joined a creative, diverse, energizing community uniting thousands of faculty, staff and students through eleven learning sites across Pinellas County.
Starting a new position can be an exciting yet challenging experience. During your first few weeks, there are new things to learn, new colleagues to meet and you will have a new environment to work in. This guide is intended to provide you with information and resources to help you through the onboarding process.
Successfully transitioning into your new position is a long-term process that requires continual dialogue between yourself, your supervisor and service departments for the College such as Human Resources. Your first 6 months are a unique window of opportunity to establish relationships, set the tone and identify expectations.”
Online New Employee & Faculty Guide
If you’re a new employee to St. Petersburg College, start here!
This guide will be your first stop for information about benefits, getting set-up, new employee orientation, and more.
Employees: Getting Started
Your First Day
Partner with your manager to identify your initial assignments; the purpose of your work; how it fits into your department or school’s overarching mission and goals; and how you can begin making immediate contributions.
Schedule, Job Duties, and Expectations
- Clarify your first week’s schedule, and confirm required and recommended training.
- Set up your personal workspace.
- Ask your manager for an overview of the functional area – its purpose, organizational structure, and goals.
- Review your job description, an outline of duties, and expectations. Ask how your job fits in the department, and how your job and department contribute to the unit/school and the Institute.
- Review hours of work. Ask questions about policies and procedures for overtime, use of vacation and sick time, holidays, as well as any flexible work policies or procedures
Here are some helpful resources you may need during your first few weeks:
All Employees: REQUIRED TRAINING
Accessibility Services Training:
- Explain the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended and its impact on the college.
- Explain reasonable accommodations for employees
- Describe reasonable accommodations for students and the mission of Accessibility Services
- Identify changes in the law regarding service animals
- Title IX is a federal law that prohibits discrimination based on the sex (gender) of employees and students of educational institutions that receive federal financial assistance.
- For more information on Title IX visit the Title IX Employee Training website.
SPC Emergency Plan and ICS overview which covers:
- SPC emergency plan
- Introduces the Incident Command Systems
- Introduces the National Incident Management System
Submit a Technology Work Order
SPC's faculty and staff are vital to providing students with an excellent environment for learning and advancement. Our goal is to make your job easier through the use of technology-based services and tools.
Submit a Facilities/ Custodial Work Order
SPC's faculty and staff are vital to providing students with an excellent environment for learning and advancement. Need help with a facility issue?
Parking at SPC
Update Contact Directory Info
Should you need to update your information on the college directory, that can be handled with this online form:
Employee Accessibility Services
Human Resources Generalist
Employment Accessibility Services
Location: EpiCenter SR-150
Maps & Directions
At SPC, we value top talent who drive our Mission while achieving individual growth & professional success. Discover how you can make an impact at SPC here!
Congratulations on joining the SPC family! Find out what you need to get started and be successful in your new role here!
Looking for information such as benefits, HR forms, Employee Handbook, etc.? Everything you need to know can be found here!